Educational & Internship Programs
Are you interested in an internship opportunity that will provide you with enriching experiences? Do you want to be a part of a community that strives to solve real-world problems through science and innovation? Well SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory is the right place for you! Our goal is to inspire and train the next generation, you!
SLAC offers a variety of internship opportunities along with mentorship opportunities created to help you be successful in your career interests. Our internship programs are designed to provide you with stimulating, real-world research experiences. Project topics include, but are not limited to the following: Computer Science, Data Science, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, and Controls Engineering, Materials Science, High Energy Density Science, Laser Physics, X-ray Physics, Accelerator Physics, Structural and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Science Communication, Business Administration and more.
If you believe that SLAC is the right place for you, we highly encourage you to apply to our educational and internship programs.
Middle School Programs
High School Programs
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
- Community College Internship (CCI)
- DOE Office of Science Graduate Student Research Program (SCGSR)
- LCLS Internship
- Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program (MEISPP)
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)
- SAGE Internships (Science Accelerating Girls' Engagement)
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship Program (SULI)
- SLAC Summer Institute (SSI)
- SLAC Summer Internship Program
- STEM Core Community College Internship Program (STEM Core)
- STEM Teacher and Researcher (STAR) Program
- Youth Opportunity Program (YOP)
Teaching and Fellowship Programs
DOE Project Leadership Institute
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All staff at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. SLAC is an E-Verify employer.