What is the SLAC Summer Internship Program?
Participants in this program include high school (ages 18 and older), undergraduate and graduate level college students. Our internship programs are designed to provide interns with stimulating, real-world work experiences. Interns can work up to twelve weeks from May until September, depending upon department needs and school schedules. All interns must be authorized to work in the U.S. and must pass a basic background check.
What Types of Jobs Are Available?
Summer Intern positions can vary, as they are based on individual department needs.
Some jobs may involve:
- Entry-level technical or administrative tasks that require basic skills or willingness to learn
- Mid-level technical or administrative tasks that require specific knowledge and skills
- High-level tasks that require specific scientific or engineering coursework
What is the Selection Process?
The hiring manager will review applications and select applicants to interview. The Intern Program Specialist will notify the successful candidate that they have been selected and a background check will be initiated.
How Do I Apply?
- Go to our careers site
- Click on the “Search Jobs” button
- Type “Intern” in the search bar
- Click on the job link you are interested in
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
- Sign in to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Complete the application and make sure to attach your resume.
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All staff at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. SLAC is an E-Verify employer.